Municipal Court / Violations Bureau
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
- Quality Service
Matters Heard by Municipal Court
- Traffic and Parking violations
- City Ordinance violations
- Disorderly person offenses
- Petty disorderly person offenses
- Weights and Measure violations
- Citizen complaints-traffic and criminal
The Garfield Municipal Court is located at 111 Outwater Lane Garfield, New Jersey.
Violation Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
|Court Sessions:||Tuesdays@ 9:30 AM|
|Wednesday@ 4:00 PM|
- Municipal Court sessions will now be conducted virtually/remotely to minimize exposure to COVID-19. Accordingly, all complainants, defendants, attorneys, victims are to contact the municipal court via email at GarfieldCourt@GarfieldNJ.org or at 973-340-2000, ex. 4051 to provide your full name, e-mail address, and cell phone number within seven days of a court notice.
All clerks can assist the public in the Violations Department that have Traffic or Criminal matters.
- You must contact the Garfield Municipal Court to contest a ticket. A court date will be scheduled according to availability. Please call Violations at 973-340-2000 x 5570 or e-mail email@example.com.
- If you need the services of an interpreter, please notify the Court prior to your court appearance.
- If an ADA accommodation is required, please advise the Municipal Court.
Pay a Ticket:
Payments are due by the date at the bottom of the Summons. Tickets can be paid through the mail by check or money order. If a receipt is needed, a stamped self-addressed envelope must be sent to the Court and a receipt will be returned. Tickets can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card in person at the Violation office (8:30 AM to 4:00 PM; Monday to Friday).
There is a drop box inside the entrance of the rear door of the building to drop off a payment. Please make sure the envelope is marked Garfield Municipal Court. If you would like a receipt, please include a self addressed envelope. Please do not put cash in the drop box.
Tickets also can be paid on the internet at www.njmcdirect.com.
NJMCdirect.com has been enhanced to include access to the new Online Municipal Case Resolution System.
To dispute a case, new users will be required to create a USER ID and password in order to register and log into the Online Municipal Case Resolution system.