Garage / Yard Sales
Persons interested in conducting Garage Sales, Rummage Sales, Lawn Sales, Yard Sales, Attic Sales, or other similar sales on their property must first obtain a permit for such sale from the Office of the City Clerk, located on the second floor in City Hall, 111 Outwater Lane, Garfield.
The fee for a Garage Sale Permit is $10.
No person shall conduct a Garage Sale more than two (2) times in a calender year.
No location or address shall serve as a site of any Garage Sale more than two (2) times in a calender year.
Each Garage Sale Permit must be prominently displayed on the premises upon which the Garage Sale is conducted throughout the entire period of the sale.
The individual applying for a Garage Sale Permit shall provide the following information to the City Clerk's Office:
1. The name, address and telephone number of the person or organization conducting the sale.
2. The number of days (no more than three over a weekend starting on a Friday) and dates of the sale; (including any raindates).
3. The dates of previous sales by the applicant and locations of previous sales by the applicant during the calendar year.
4. An acknowledgement that NO SIGNS may be posted except on the applicant's property. Signs posted on public property will result in the issuance of a summons.
5. A statement by the applicant confirming that the information provided is complete and known by the applicant to be true.
For further information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 973-340-2001.
City Clerks Office
Phone: (973) 340-2001